Monday, June 20, 2011

O.P.P.

I'm not sure what O.P.P. means to you, but I know what it means to me. And I'm down with it.

So I'm sitting here watching my wort cool down on one of those beauteous but sun-baked Florida afternoons, wondering just how warm the water is coming out of our Manatee County water lines. I'm also wondering if beauteous is a word or if I just made it up. I think Lord Byron called an ale "beauteous" once, but don't quote me on that. Maybe it was Charlie Papazianhttp://www.examiner.com/beer-in-national/charlie-papazian.

Regardless.  Rather than fret the wort's going in the fermenter a bit warm I figured I'd check in with you all.

Hold on. . .

Ok, had to finish up the cool down/cleanup. Everything is good today at Little Giant Brewery. The Overhead Peeler Porter is a hell of a great beer to brew, and doesn't give me any guff during the vorlauf and lauter. I can't say the same about the American Wheat which is a little more fickle. But as the old saying goes: "It won't be easy, but it will be worth it." The porter weighs in at 16 Plato --1.066 specific gravity for you Old Schoolers out there.

As for the American Wheat, it's making it's way to a benefit concert http://wslr.org/wslr-events/ by our local non-profit community radio station WSLR 96.5FM(in stereo).  Be there.  That's all I'm saying.

That's it folks. . . beer is being brewed and I think it's about time for a pale ale.

Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment